From Foes to Bros



"We love Him because He first loved us. 20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?1 John 4:19-20

When I was young boy  I used to feel some type of way about my sister. We argued about everything  from sharing toys to watching TV. It seemed like we couldn't stand each other.

Our relationship has gotten better since then, but it wasn't until attending church one Sunday and the preacher preach a verse that changed everything. It said that if we claim to love God but hate our brother or sister, we're lying. It hit me hard because I realized that if I can't love my sister who I see every day, how can I say I love God who I can't see?

So, I decided to make a change. Instead of fighting, I started to show love to my sister, even when she get on nerves. Slowly but surely, things began to change between us. We started to understand each other better, support each other, and have each other's back.

Now, we're closer than we ever been. We still have our disagreements, but our love for each other is stronger than any argument. Remember, loving those around us, especially our siblings, is a way of showing our love for God. Let's strive to love one another, just as He loves us.

Today's devotional by Pastor Samuel Lantion

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Requires Total Commitment

From Fear To Faith

Just The Simple Things