New Life


For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin—
Romans 6:6 NIV

I can take you all to the exact spot where I told my father that football tryouts were not going well. I was so nervous to have this conversation with my father because he wanted me to make it onto the team. When I finally did muster the courage to tell him, instead of adding more pressure, he assured me that as long as I was doing my best, he would be satisfied regardless of the outcome. With the assurance of what my dad thought of me, I was now free to give it my all and not worry about the results. The funny thing is that I made the team. 

Thinking back on that time, I have learned that we can apply the same principle to our daily lives, especially to those high-stake decisions. God's grace frees us from our sins. The message in Romans is that, instead of making excuses for our sins, grace motivates us to pursue holiness. We've been buried with Christ and as He was raised, we now live a new life! It's important to understand and embrace all that Christ has done for us in His death and Resurrection. Let us accept the new life we have in Him, and live it. 

Today's devotional by Brother Samuel Lantion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Requires Total Commitment

Don't Get Distracted

From Fear To Faith