My Peace


Today's Daily Devotional by Sister Takiela Harris

27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. - John 14:27 NLT

I'm imagining Jesus here with me where I am right now at this moment. I see Him looking at me with love and I hear Him saying, "I am giving you my peace." How do I feel? I sit with Jesus for a while and allow these words to sink into my heart. Where in my life do I need the peace of Jesus? At this moment, perhaps I need Jesus in a relationship or in my work or just in my own heart and peace within myself. To tell the truth, I believe that if you haven't been at the bottom, broken, homeless, jobless, carless, starving, betrayed and disregarded, you wouldn't understand me. God is a way maker. Some people look at me, think I’m crazy and talk negatively about me, saying, “Kiela acting funny!” My response to them is, “Yes! Yes, I am acting funny. I'm different now because I know who brought me out of darkness and I don't want to go back to where I came from.” So now I move differently. I talk differently. I think differently because I have the peace of God. I have a peace that only He can give; not the world's peace, but the peace of God which passeth all understanding. You may be asking yourself, “How is she still able to keep her joy, her strength, her excitement, her push and her drive with all the challenges facing her?” The answer is simple. I got tired of being tired and that's when I decided to make a change in my life and I gave it all to God. I made a choice to follow Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Requires Total Commitment

From Fear To Faith

Don't Get Distracted