Keep Your Head Up


3 But you, Lord, are a shield around me, 
my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
Psalm 3:3 New International Version

In this passage, David felt like he was being chased and overtaken by his enemies. I know a lot of us may feel that way right now. It may feel like difficult situations in life are overtaking us and overwhelming us. Some people may even feel like they don't have the strength to carry on. This is the time to go to God and ask Him to be our shield all around us. God is not going to leave His child or children to fight alone. David knew God was right there with him. Just like today, God is right here with us at this very moment. God's glory is what's keeping us going and strengthening us every day. God is standing with us in the midst of the shame, the rejection, the guilt, the downfalls and the mess ups. Regardless of the situation, God is right there saying, "I AM here with you. Lift your head up. Stick your chest out and walk tall. I AM with you. Don't you worry about people. Don't worry about circumstances. I AM the lifter of your head. Trust in Me, not people. I have you, son. I have you, daughter. Keep looking at Me with your head up. I AM your shield, your glory and your strength. Keep your head up!"

Today's Daily Devotional By Sister Takiela Harris 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God Requires Total Commitment

From Fear To Faith

Don't Get Distracted